Johnny Walker Red Label Liqueur
Autor Wiadomość
Czajkus 
Singlemalt Whisky Follower
www.czajkus.com

Ulubiona whisky: Caol Ila
Wysłany: Pią Maj 17, 2013 1:37 pm   Johnny Walker Red Label Liqueur

Witam,
Poniżej przedstawiam artykuł z magazynu poświęconego miniaturkom alkoholi Miniature Bottle Collector nr 4 z 1986 r. Zadumałem się jak go przeczytałem i postanowiłem się podzielić. To jest tylko jedno z wielu dziwactw które dotyczyły a często wciąż dotyczą miniaturek w USA

A to poniżej jeszcze wyjaśnienia kolegi Davida M. Spaid, który wydawał wspomniany wyżej kwartalnik przez ponad 30 lat i z którym mam przyjemność się wymieniać miniaturkami (wczoraj dostałem 18 paczkę od Davida z przedwojennymi miniaturkami z firmy Zwack)

Let me explain about the US and the different states. First, it is illegal to ship any liquor in any size through the mails. Those of us who collect do it every day, but if something breaks there is no insurance coverage and you get a very nasty letter from the government. This is why we always are anxious about bottles being shipped into the US because customs doesn't care but if they stop a package then it goes to the postal people who won't forward it. Fortunately this does not happen very much anymore.

Now each state has their own liquor laws. We have 7 of the 50 states which are called control states as the state itself is the importer, distributor and retailer. They make all the money. Those seven states won't even allow a liquor store or wine maker to ship anything into the state. If they catch a store selling to a state, the store might lose its license. Recently I had to pick up a package Hi Time Liquors to send to a friend in Michigan. Michigan is one of those states that won't allow anything shipped in. Georgia is another in the remaining 43 states that has very strange laws.

I grew up in Ohio. Each city had one liquor store, maybe two if it was larger. You weren't allowed to touch the liquor. You could go in write down the number of the bottle you wanted, give that to the clerk. He would go in the back and come out with a bottle which you had to pay for before he would give it to you. There were no miniatures. In Ohio today the only miniatures that are allowed are those under 42 proof...wines, liqueurs, and water down liquors. They sell scotch, bourbon, gin, etc which are 40 proof or only 20% alcohol as well as the regular bottles. The under 42 proof bottles may be sold in grocery stores...but not on Sundays until noon. Crazy, right! It gets worse.

The state of Illinois allowed miniatures from 1933 to a few years later. Then in the 1970's they made them legal again. When I grew up in the 1950's, only 8 of the then 48 states were allowed to sell miniatures: New York, Florida, Maryland, Wisconsin, New Mexico, Nevada and I forget the other two. Anyway, when Illinois made them legal again all was well until a few years ago. Now in the city limits of Chicago, you can't sell miniatures but you can in every other store in the state. In Florida drug stores can sell liquor; however, if they are within a mile of a school, then they cannot sell liquor. Knowing the laws here takes a lot of work. It's all really too stupid.

Pozdrawiam
Czajkus

Odpowiedz do tematu